Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Brothers have departed

Well my brothers departed a few days ago.

It took me some time to recover from all the good times we had. We went whitewater rafting, drinking at the highlander, dinner with Grandma (she had her 82nd birthday with us) and played cards and drank some more.

There was other stuff we did and many memorable moments. Please forgive me if I don't get into details. They are very pleasant memories that I'd prefer to keep to myself.

Andrew, my eldest brother, deploys to Afghanistan on Friday.

My good friend Samantha took me out to play pool in the city last night. We chatted and played pool. Sam's a good person to talk to, good listener and pretty smart... you know, for a science student.

: P

So I'm good. Generally happy with how life is going.

Got my summer reading here for me to do, so I'd better do it. I always applied for work at the library. I hope I get it.

Only one bit of bad news, my Cousin Michael needs a lung transplant. Now Mike has Cystic Fibrosis. He wasn't expected to live past 18. He is now nearing 30. Mike isn't a big man, but he has a BIG heart. He has courage and the spirit of a warrior.

We're all very proud of him. Get better Mike. The world needs warriors like you.

Oh, and Darla. Thank you for linking. I shall reciprocate. I like reading your blog very much, it's a very nice corner of the internet.

3 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

So pumped you're digging my blog. I enjoy making people laugh at my expense. I have quite the experiences.

4:06 a.m.  
Blogger Kim D said...

I'm sending you awesome vibes for your cousin. All you need to do is relay them, ok? Lovely.

4:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

7:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home