Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Crappy Crappy Crappy Ass

The title says it all.

I'll start with good news. My Dad is alot better. He'll be in the hospital a few more days, but the outlook is positive and hopeful.

So that's good and makes me happy.

On to the crap.

My life has just gotten so shitty so fast it's unbelievable.

All month, people have been hurting my feelings, my friends and I have fought (most distressing of all was when I fought with Abigail, which I didn't want to do at all because she was only trying to help), my Dad's in the hospital, Josee broke up with me this time last year, I'm tired all the time, I'm still a little sick, I had to hand in my theory paper late and take a deduction and to top it all off...

Essentially my situation is this: I completed all my research for an essay weeks ago and kept it on my disk until I needed it. I placed my disk into my computer to work on my essay and now it won't read my disk and asks me if I want to format it. Since formatting it would erase all the data on it, I'm in quite a quandary.

The data is gone. What? It's gone. Finito. Done. Dead, all gone. 18 pages of notes compiled over a period of 6 weeks. Gone.

It worked fine yesterday on the Carleton library computers. The only thing I did there was write the title page, my introduction and then divide all my notes up by author into seperate word files so I wouldn't be working in one long, unwieldy document.

I heard from a friend, the lovely Justine Elamatha, (sorry everyone, she's outta your league) that the Carleton computers have been fucking with people's data. Like wiping their stuff when people are trying to save. I think that might have fucked up my disk.

Therefore, I'm afraid I have no alternative but to ask for an extension, and it's all Carleton university's fault.

Well... not entirely.... I was very stupid. I backed up the notes for ALL my essays EXCEPT this one. I could have saved myself a great deal of trouble by taking the time to open all these files a week ago and hitting SAVE TO C:MYDOCUMENTS

Still... I was very pissed off.

However, I am no longer angry or sad. Just used to the fact I have to do this stuff all over again. I have sent an email to my prof and left him a phone message at his office. I hope to hear from him soon about a possible extension. Hopefully, he won't get on me for not backing up the files and grilling me to make me feel bad in exchange for an extension. I've never had to ask for an extension before... I've had some friends who've gotten the third degree from profs in exchange for a measly two days. Not nice. Not nice at all.

To top it off, next week I have not one, but two midterms. Yikes. So essentially what was to be a relatively fun and easy essay to write has no become the most difficult assignment I have yet to face. Oh boy.

I remain positive to the utmost though. It's times like these when you seperate the boys from the boyz to men.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric Rosenhek said...

Yikes.

Hang in there.

8:28 p.m.  
Blogger Budman said...

Sorry to hear about the bad stuff. glad to hear about the better stuff. Keep up the positive attitude, makes things easier.

It sucks yo have to rewrite your essay bt I've been in the exact same situation. I had a lab report due and it was VERY important for me to hand it in on time for I had ran out of late days (free days given to hand something in). I worked on a computer all day to finish the report. 15 minutes left until hand in time, I save ot my disk and run accross campus to a computer with a printer. Put in the disk and get the same thing as you - my disk is fucked and it's only letting me format it.
I shrugged it off, went out with a girl that night and redid the report as soon as I felt better.

Also, great idea putting up the Vaganza monologues! Can't wait to read them

11:47 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home