Thursday, March 23, 2006

AHAHAHAHAHA

I'm D-O-N-E Mofos!

Well, not really, I still have 3 exams and one essay. But it's an english essay, for an english essay all you have to do is write down your feelings basically. And come on... it's only 3 exams, Roman History, Soviet Foreign Affairs and Classical Myth.

I've noticed my workload actually get quantitatively smaller bit by bit and qualitatively harder by leaps and bounds with each passing semester. I suppose they design it that way. Needless to say, I have finished a very trying ordeal. I wrote a F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S Soviet Foreign Affairs essay having to reconstruct six weeks notes within a span of about 4 days. I'm not sure how I did it, but I did. Thankfully, I got the rough work requirement waived, so I don't have to turn in the notes I took, which aren't that much save an outline and page numbers.

I also, for all intensive purposes, finished my Historical Theory and Method class with the completion of a mid-term this monday. Since I have no exam for this class and the essay is handed in, I'm done and technically don't have to go to class. But I will, for the participation points in my TA group. I really took it on the chin for that class. Handed in a good essay late and showed up and hurriedly wrote a mid-term that I never wanted to write. I sped through it and got the hell outta there. I'm guessing C+ as my grade on that test. B- overall I'm hoping for.

Yeah, with Dad going into the hospital and his recovery... my dedication to scholarship kinda had to take one for the team. I've been really lost and lonely. But I went out into the desert and came out alive, as it were. Just one of those tests of life that make you a man I suppose.

Good news. On Tuesday I wrote a Roman History test that I know I aced. I know it. I wrote a Rock Star test, which is the one good thing I'm taking out of this. Unforutunately, I had to ditch class to come home and work on my paper, but given the past few weeks... well... I'm willing to let myself off the hook and not beat myself up too much about it. I'm sure the Emperor Nero can get along fine without me.

More Good news. Guess who proofread my essay tonight? That's right, MY DAD! He's up and about and while he's still rough around the edges, he feels well enough to watch TV, play computer games (ok, Computer Game, Civilization III to be specific) and proofread papers. Being a line officer for the longest time hasn't made Dad into an idiot. Now that he's a staff officer at the Department of National Defence, he has to do alot of paperwork and he is fully skilled in spotting errors, slaying dangling participles and eliminating superflous language. That's right, my Dad is a terminator, but for every word he takes out, a ton of clarity is inserted.

Ever since he started proofreading my papers, I've been getting A-'s, A's and B+'s. So yeah, why not let him eh? Sometimes letting someone take a hatchet to your words is the best thing you can do, and since I trust my Dad more than anyone, who better than him to destroy my wordiness?

What a hellish month. But now I can look forward to leisurely classes, a relaxed study schedule for exams in mid-late April (So... Much... Time... To... Study...), an improv show and poetry slams.

Not only that, but I'm taking summer classes this year! That means no boring summer for me. I should have done this ages ago. Nothing keeps you sharper, like learning over the summer.

Having a minor in Classics is gonna kick ass I reckon. Next year I'll be doing seminars. Hope there are some good ones. But since they've changed the curriculum at Carleton, I'll only have to take two instead of three. That leaves me more freedom to take a course I might like.

This good feeling I have is only outweighed by my own fatigue and backpain. It's as if all the crap that's been on my shoulders the whole last while has just finally dropped off and damn man... it's exhausting. I'm pooped. S'pose I'd better go to bed.

I'll post up some poetry and improv shows you won't want to miss tomorrow. Seeya!

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric Rosenhek said...

I think it is safe to say that you are the only one to use the term "Rock Star Test." Congrats on getting through the month!

10:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home