Monday, August 07, 2006

What?

No one wants to burn me over my views on Nixon?

You're all cowards!

In other news, went to my friend Greg "Ritallin" Frankson's engagement party last night. He found a nice Nova Scotia girl. Good for him.

An old Navy buddy of my Dad's moved to Kanata. Came with his wife and kids to BBQ and swim wit' us at our place. Good for them.

Went to an outdoor festival called House of Paint under Dunbar Bridge. There was breaking and grafing and all manner or keepin' it real. Good for Ottawa.

At house of paint, I saw Devon (the guy) and Devon (The hot girl). Devon (the guy) had Latin class wit' me and is an all round nice fellow. Good for him.

Devon (the hot girl), who I had become romantically interested in, said in response to me asking her out (and I quote) "Oh, we could.."

We could was then followed by an explanation of how she isn't in the date mindset and how she's decided to focus on finding "The One". Now, I could have asked how one date interfered with that search, but I didn't. The way she explained it left me with the feeling that she is sort of in commitment mode. And that scared me off pretty quick.

In hindsight, maybe I should have made the case for giving me a chance, but, too late now.

However, she would still like to be my friend. Just like everyone else.

Well.... good for me.... I guess.


3 Comments:

Blogger L&D said...

They always say the nice guys finish last. Sigh.

7:23 p.m.  
Blogger Eric Rosenhek said...

You made a good case for Nixon. It was worthy of a PHD.

7:02 p.m.  
Blogger Budman said...

At least it's not as bad as response I got from a girl in Australia, which I quote, was:
"Dude, I'm a lesbian"

9:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home